Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 28794: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: Make

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:57:31 -0700

On Jun 21, 2009, at 1:03 PM, Ulf Lamping wrote:

guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi? view=rev&revision=28794

User: guy
Date: 2009/06/21 12:16 PM

Log:
"main_menu.[ch]" -> "menus.[ch]"; it handles not only the main menu, but
context menus.

Which menus that are not part of the main window does it contain then?

The menus in question might be part of the main *window*, but they're not the main (menu bar) menu. As such, if we want to emphasize that they're menus for the main window, perhaps "main_window_menu.[ch]" or "main_window_menus.[ch]" would be better.

Note, as long as we're talking about naming conventions, that, for example, add_byte_views() is called by code that draws windows other than the main window, even though it's in main_proto_draw.c. That also means some of the code in the "main window menu" file might end up being used in windows other than the main window - it's arguably a bug that there aren't pop-up menus for the packet detail pane in those windows.