Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Raw Fibre Channel dissector

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:56:39 -0400

Guy Harris wrote:
On Jun 19, 2009, at 11:01 AM, kahou lei wrote:

Is there an existing DLT value that I can dissect raw fibre channel packet?

No.

I saw there is a fibre channel dissector (packet-fc.c) but I cannot find a DLT value corresponse to it.

It's used to dissect FC encapsulated in various lower-level network protocols.

If there is no such DLT value, can you give me some direction on how to extend my local wireshark build so that the I can use the fibre channel dissector?

Presumably by "use the fibre channel dissector" you mean that you have Fibre Channel captures of some sort and you want Wireshark to be able to read them?

If so, then you would have to:

If not (and you're looking for a convenient format to use), you can always request a DLT value from the friendly folks over at tcpdump.org and then add support for that to Wireshark.