Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] runlex.sh

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:48:33 -0700

On Jun 15, 2009, at 11:56 AM, jmayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=28744

User: jmayer
Date: 2009/06/15 11:56 AM

Log:
Rename all of the ascend files:
That way we hopefully won't need the runlex.sh hack any
more.

Actually, runlex.sh is intended to deal with other Flex issues as well - for example:

#
# OK, now let's generate a header file declaring the relevant functions
# defined by the .c file; if the .c file is .../foo.c, the header file
# will be .../foo_lex.h.
#
# This works around some other Flex suckage, wherein it doesn't declare
# the lex routine before defining it, causing compiler warnings.
# XXX - newer versions of Flex support --header-file=, to generate the
# appropriate header file. With those versions, we should use that option.
#

In addition, we might, at some point, want to support reentrant scanners, if Flex supports them, and provide some wrappers if it doesn't (e.g., have a mutex for the scanner, so only one thread is using a particular scanner at a time).

So, whilst we might be able to eliminate some of the stuff runlex.sh does, we probably won't be able to get rid of all of it.