Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] met an problem when compiling on window xp sp3 32 bit

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:01:08 -0400

杨上山 wrote:
Hi,
I am a rookie, and I follow the steps from the developer's guide to compile the source code. But I met a error which log file I attach here. pls help me solve this problem.
[...]
packet-lldp.c
packet-lldp.c(1686) : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated packet-lldp.c(1686) : warning C4819: The file contains a character that cannot be represented in the current code page (936). Save the file in Unicode format to prevent data loss

Some Wireshark source files contain non-ASCII values which the Microsoft compiler doesn't like. We've been trying to clean them up but haven't finished.

I fixed this one in rev 28737.