Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ChmodBPF problem - Fixed!

From: "Aaron Outhier" <garlicsalt2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:21:41 +0000
Success!!

After trying a few different things, I stumbled upon the problem.

I needed to rename the Startup folder to ChmodBPF.

The folder inside the WireShark for Mac OS X disk image was named Startup. The readme file said to copy the entire ChmodBPF folder into StartupItems. I assumed that meant the folder which contained the ChmodBPF script. Once again, I assumed too much.

Problem is now solved, at least for me!

Happy scanning/Sniffing to all.

Regards,

--Aaron Outhier.