Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ChmodBPF problem - Fixed!

From: Aaron Outhier <garlicsalt2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 13:31:36 -0700
I had copied the folder to the the StartupItems folder, and after noticing no devices show up in WireShark, I went to the Terminal and cd'd to the /Library/StartupItems folder, and executed the file manually, and noticed that no change was made to the /dev/bpf device files. It is at this point, that I tweaked the script. After receiving these emails, I ran WireShark again, and noticed that the script doesn't execute on startup.

Coming from a Windows background, I kind of assumed that StartupItems folder was kind of like the Startup folder in the Start Menu of Windows 9x and above. Apparently, I assumed too much. I will try changing the script back, and executing the steps mentioned by Mr. Harris.