Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ChmodBPF problem - Fixed!

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:40:30 -0700
Aaron Outhier wrote:
> On my Mac, I noticed that the ChmodBPF script didn't seem to have any
> effect on the permissions of my /dev/bpf files. After reading through
> the script, I realized that the function declaration and the later
> function call differed in name The function is defined by the name
> StartService() , yet the invocation is RunService "$1". Maybe I'm
> missing something, but when I replace the statement 'RunService "$1"';
> with 'StartService;', only then do I achieve the desired result.

According to System Startup Programming Topics
(http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPSystemStartup/Articles/StartupItems.html)
RunService should be used. It's defined in /etc/rc.common, which is
included at the top of the script.

Does your system have /etc/rc.common, and does it define RunService?