Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] compile using libwireshark.dll

From: "Jonathan Walker (c)" <JWalker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:45:43 -0700

Hello,

    I noticed that actual release versions of wireshark that can be downloaded online do not include a libwireshark.lib file, but they do include a libwireshark.dll.  Does this mean that the only possible way to compile a wireshark plugin is by compiling all of wireshark source first?  Or, is there a way to map the Makefile.nmake as follows:

LINK_PLUGIN_WITH=..\..\epan\libwireshark.dll

so that this may also work.  I’ve tried this, although it does not successfully compile my plugin.  Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,

J. Walker