Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] ChmodBPF problem - Fixed!

From: Aaron Outhier <garlicsalt2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 00:45:49 -0700
On my Mac, I noticed that the ChmodBPF script didn't seem to have any effect on the permissions of my /dev/bpf files. After reading through the script, I realized that the function declaration and the later function call differed in name The function is defined by the name StartService() , yet the invocation is RunService "$1". Maybe I'm missing something, but when I replace the statement 'RunService "$1"'; with 'StartService;', only then do I achieve the desired result.

Also, as an aside, the WireShark.org FAQ mentions that If one wants help with WireShark, that they need to send email to this address. Nowhere does it instruct one to check the mailing list for any replies! My last problem, I thought, had gone unanswered. I realize now why I didn't get a reply email. I wonder how many others thought the same.

--Aaron