Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Issues with most usage of GtkFileChooserDialog ?

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 18:54:22 -0400
Bill Meier wrote:

3. I do have a "Plan B" for a file_chooser() replacement for
    file_selection(); I'll implement it and we'll see how it goes...

I've implemented the "Plan B" file_chooser() replacement for file_selection() (using GtkFileChooserDialog) and it seems to work quite nicely.

It centralizes all the file-chooser stuff in one place so the callers no longer need code to do things like checking if the file exists, checking if a directory was entered, updating the "last directory used", killing the file-chooser dialog & etc.

The new file_chooser code also works in a way similar to the old original file_selection code in that gtk_dialog_run is not used.

This means that, if desired, alert boxes (simple_dialogs) can be used with a file-chooser dialog such that focus can return to the file-chooser dialog when the alert box is dismissed.

I've some amount of integration and testing yet to do; I expect I'll be ready to commit the changes in a week or two (after the upcoming release).

Bill