Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patch supplied for wiretap/Makefile.nmake

From: Peter Johansson <peterjohansson73@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 01:03:06 +0200
Thanks for "digging deeper"!

/ Peter
2009/6/4 Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Peter Johansson wrote:
> The current version of wiretap/Makefile.nmake attempts to compile
> ascend-grammar.h as if it were a .c file. The attached patch corrects this
> "issue".
>
> Best regards, Peter

Thanks for the report.

Digging a bit deeper: it turned out that the dependency on the .h file
is valid.

I've committed a different change in SVN #28635 which fixes the reason
why nmake was trying to compile the .h file as if it were a .c file.

The issue was the use of $? in the compile command which stands for the
list all newer dependents which in this case includes the .h file.