Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 28626: /trunk/ /trunk/: AUTHORS

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:23:28 -0700

On Jun 3, 2009, at 2:01 PM, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:

Uhm, sorry but once again (in proper way by striping e-mails) and then uniq -c:

Actually, given that you have to deal with a file, some of the people who have edited it being English speakers who might have primitive OSes or editing tools, the proper way is probably to strip the e-mail addresses, strip accents off the letters (or perhaps map umlauted vowels in German to <vowel>e), and *then* "uniq -c". :-)

(AUTHORS is now a file with a UTF-8 Byte Order Mark at the beginning:

	$ file AUTHORS
	AUTHORS: UTF-8 Unicode (with BOM) English text

so all new entries can, and probably should, get the appropriate accents on letters, even for languages that would use ISO Latin-n for n > 1.)

In any case:

List of people:

2 Jon Ringle
2 Joost Yervante Damad
2 Markus Seehofer
2 Martijn Schipper
2 Matthias Drochner
2 Thomas Dreibholz
2 Thomas Palmer

Some of these people have two different e-mails,
but likely they're the same person, right? :)

Probably, but a little extra Googling might be worth doing first.

In one of the "different e-mails" case (Markus Seehofer), the two addresses are for the same company - the format of the names is different, but that might be "official e-mail format" vs. "login name". In another case (Martijn Schipper), one's for Intersil and one's for GlobespanVirata, but Intersil sold the PRISM chipset product lines to GlobespanVirata (and then to Conexant, which is in the "past jobs" list for the Linkedin page for a Martijn Schipper), so it's presumably the same person.

So I've checked in a change to merge the entries for everybody but Joost Yervante Damad, Thomas Dreibholz, and Thomas Palmer; those are *probably* the same people, but I'll poke around a bit with Google first.