Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How do I know the wireshark version ?

From: wsgd <wsgd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 19:55:12 +0200
epan_get_version() is good enough for my needs.

Thanks,
Olivier

Eloy Paris a �crit :
On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 10:48:15PM +0200, wsgd wrote:

Hello,

 From a plugin dissector,
at execution time :
How do I know the wireshark version ?

epan_get_version() is not good enough for your needs? It's a string,
which may be a problem. But you could parse it...

It'd be nice to have the equivalent of pcap_major_version() and
pcap_minor_version(), which return version numbers as integers. It would
be a nice, small addition to the libwireshark API that would come handy
for plugin dissector writers as well as for those using libwireshark in
their applications.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-
netexpect.org