Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Linking wireshark.exe --- Error

From: Leonardo <lbalestrieri@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 09:59:26 +0200
Hi Guy,

perfect!!!

you have resolve my problem!!!!!

you are awesome!

For a simple "&" the linker crashed.

i could think that "&"  was a   special character for the script!!!!!

However,  thanks,thanks,thanks a lot!!!!!!

2009/5/31 Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On May 31, 2009, at 12:14 PM, Anders Broman wrote:

> It may be a problem with your path, cygwin link chosen before MS
> studio.

I doubt it's getting the wrong version of "link"; it appears to be
running Microsoft's "link":

>         link @C:\DOCUME~1\leo&mik\IMPOST~1\Temp\nm116.tmp
> Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 9.00.30729.01
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: impossibile aprire il file 'C:
> \DOCUME~1\leo'
> Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato.

However, if Leonardo's "home directory" (or whatever it's called in
Windowsland) is really C:\Documents and Settings\leo&mik or something
with an "&" in it, some program might be treating the "&" as a token
separator and looking for C:\DOCUME~1\leo rather than C:
\DOCUME~1\leo&mik.

This appears to be a bit of a botch in Microsoft's nmake, as I think
"@<<" is sort of like a "here document" in UN*X shells, i.e.

       @<<
blah blah blah
<<

means it copies the text between the "@<<" and the "<<" into a file,
and passes the name of the file as an argument; perhaps it needs to
quote the file name?