Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Extending wireshark with Python

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 02:06:56 +0200
I just gave it a quick try on a protocol registering to "udp.port".

The first problem occurred in an assert in splash_update, proposed
patch attached.

Now I get this error when opening a capture with my protocol (based on
the skeleton from the wiki page):

01:40:41          Warn Dissector bug, protocol MyProtocol, in packet
17: tvbuff.c:600: failed assertion "tvb && tvb->initialized"
Bus error

Some different questions:
- Do we need two different places to put plugins and python plugins?
What if we could reuse the plugins directory for both compiled plugins
and python scripts?  (and maybe even for auto loading lua scripts?)
- Do you plan making it possible to have python scripts in a personal directory?

--
Stig Bjørlykke