Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Merge and Compare Question

Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 06:35:18 -0600
Hi, I've been playing around with the 'merge and compare' feature in the latest development build. I've used it to try and compare duplicate streams sent to two different multicast addresses. The results show a number of 'lost packets', but I am very sure the packets reported as 'lost' are not. The duplicate exists and is visible immediately after the first arrives, also in the merge. How is the 'comparison' run with this feature? Does it compare the DATA section? Is there any documentation planned for this feature as it goes to production? I realise this is still development, and this particular is probably low-priority. If you are looking to develop this feature, please feel free to let me know if I can help in some way. The streams I compare are usually within 20us-50us of eachother, with an average 7Mbps bandwidth use.

Thanks,
Mario