Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] On Copy as Filter

From: "Sake Blok" <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 11:56:14 +0200
Hi Jaap (& list),

As the "father" of the "copy as filter" functionality, I would vote for it to be present all the time in the packet details pane (where I use it most). Keeping track of all possible filters for the packet list pane seems like an overkill to me and could be made optional to save memory. Or it should be implemented in a way where it will dynamically be generated. For 1.2.0 I would suggest to just revert the implemented memory-consuming patch and disable the functionality in the packet-list. Then we can decide later to make it either optional of write code that dynamically generate the filter string on use (if that is at all possible).

How does that sound?

Sake

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jaap Keuter" <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>