Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] protocol translation

From: "Jonathan Walker (c)" <JWalker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:47:45 -0700

Hello,

   I am working on a project on capturing a packet and identifying/translating its unique communication application protocol inside the standard protocols Eth/IP/UDP.  I was reading about reserving a DLT_VALUE for the protocol, so that with some coding it can be identified. Please let me know if this is at all possible, and if so, how to go about doing this.

Thank you,

J. Walker