Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cross compile wireshark for OpenWRT

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:00:37 -0400

Burkhardt, Kersten wrote:
They /should/ be cross-compiler friendly: we've had people cross compile
before.

The rdps issue was fixed in rev 20727; the change is described here:

http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users/200702/msg00059.html

Thanks for that. Allready took a newer revision. Now I'm stucking in
executing lemon.

Actually, looking further it appears that rdps is now generated by python so that change is now irrelevant.

My it be like the other thread? Just changing:

lemon$(EXEEXT): lemon.c
	$(CC_FOR_BUILD) -D_U_="" $(CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD) $(LDFLAGS_FOR_BUILD) -o $@ $?

to:

lemon$(EXEEXT): lemon.c
	$(CC) -D_U_="" $(CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $?

I don't know; looking further, it may be that that change was incorrect. The correct way may be to do ./configure CC_FOR_BUILD=gcc<or whatever>

Anyway, Didier has a point: you may want to just compile dumpcap (which is small/lightweight) or even tcpdump. Both capture just fine but without all the weight of *shark.