Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Display filter syntax check is broken in 1.2.0

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 22:16:59 +0200
On 28. mai. 2009, at 20.16, yami wrote:

One of major changes is 1.2.0 adopts lemon 1.59 (Wireshark 1.0.8 uses lemon 1.51).
[...]
However, I do not know why the lemon version matters.

I'm no expert at this, but after some research I found that our problems occurred in the lemon.c 1.52 -> 1.53 patch. The use of errsym->useCnt seems to disable some error handling which catches the trailing bogus data.

The attached patch works for me.  Any comments or objections?

--
Stig Bjørlykke