Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] get a pcapNG file

From: Tyson Key <tyson.key@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:06:37 +0100
Hi Soltani.
The latest SVN versions of Wireshark support multiple link types in pcap-ng files, although to capture on non-Ethernet link types you have to use dumpcap. There was an issue where pcap-ng files created by earlier versions of Wireshark weren't being handled by newer versions, and vice-versa (i.e. packets appear, but link type information is missing).

If you need anything else, just ask.

Tyson.