Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Unwanted Characters while exporting large amount of captured

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 08:44:49 +1000
Not sure what the "unwanted hex" characters exactly are (can you post a sample), but if you are talking about the raw payload data shown  in the data field (like  <field name="data" value="2d0b012900018294d5aeed173c5a8dc986388743c5306b76553630eab907cdfcac3d95050d0d01c210c4fbd0e6cc"/>
) then this is part of the PDML format.

Assuming that you are savvy enough to be working with XML either write a little script (Perl is pretty good at this) to parse and strip out the unwanted XML objects. Alternatively there are a number of XML editors around that I am sure can help.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx