Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] writing non-Ethernet pcapng files

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 20:55:44 +0200
Hi Aaron,

can you check also with the latest svn version?

Best regards
Michael

On May 21, 2009, at 8:44 PM, Aaron Turner wrote:

I noticed that 1.0.x versions of wireshark don't support writing
non-Ethernet pcapng files.  However, other then explicitly forbidding
it in pcapng_dump_can_write_encap() in wiretap/pcapng.c I can't see
any reason for this- the link_type field seems to be correctly
read/written.

I commented out the check, and did a test (Cisco HDLC) and had no
problem reading a standard pcap file and converting it to pcapng.

Am I missing something?

-- Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/
http://tcpreplay.synfin.net/ - Pcap editing and replay tools for Unix & Windows Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary