Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] capturing on multiple interfaces

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 19:51:27 +0200
On May 21, 2009, at 7:24 PM, Tyson Key wrote:

Hi again, Michael. Probably a stupid question, and I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but any idea why I'd get "The file to which the capture would be saved ("../pcapng/U1") could not be opened: Permission denied." when trying to write a pcap-ng file to any directory other than the default one (/tmp), even as root, and when a directory has it's permission bits set to 777?
Not sure what the problem could be. I can run
./dumpcap -n -w test.pcapng -i lo0 -p
without any problem...

Thanks in advance,
Tyson.

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
On May 21, 2009, at 5:17 PM, Tyson Key wrote:

> Hi Michael. This is fantastic news to hear!
> Will it eventually support non-Ethernet, and mixed link types in the
> same file (e.g. mmapped Linux USB and Ethernet), out of interest?
Yes, it should be possible to capture from multiple interfaces of link
types
which are supported today (so I do not add new link types). For
supporting
multiple link types, I had to add pcapng support, which is already
there...

Best regards
Michael