Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] capturing on multiple interfaces

From: Tyson Key <tyson.key@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:17:45 +0100
Hi Michael. This is fantastic news to hear!
Will it eventually support non-Ethernet, and mixed link types in the same file (e.g. mmapped Linux USB and Ethernet), out of interest?

Thanks,
Tyson.

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On May 21, 2009, at 12:02 PM, <chandra.kotikalapudi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I have downloaded the source code from SVN. Can you please say how
> to use dumpcap option -n to capture on interfaces x1, x2, x3 from x1
> to xn.
Currently you can capture only on one interface, so
dumpcap -n -i en0
should work.
A future version will support
dumpcap -n -i en0 -s 100 -i en1 -s 1000
and so one, where you capture on en0 with snaplen 100 and on en1 with
snaplen 1000.
You will also be able to set a pe interface capture filter, link type,
promiscuous flag.
I'll send a note to the dev list, when this stuff is working.

Which platform are you using?

Best regards
Michael