Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] pcap-ng

From: Aaron Turner <synfinatic@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:07:49 -0700
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Michael Tüxen
<Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On May 19, 2009, at 9:20 PM, Aaron Turner wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 4:58 AM, Michael Tüxen
>> <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi Faten,
>>>
>>> the current svn version is able to
>>> - Wireshark/tshark can read pcapng files.
>>> - dumpcap can write pcapng files when using the -n command line
>>> parameter.
>>> If you use the dev builds you can use it right now...
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Michael
>>
>> Is there a library available for r/w pcap-ng files ala libpcap?
> I know only of the ones at
> http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/PcapNg

Yeah, I had seen the ntartest.c code before- sounds like wireshark is
using a different codebase though.

Let me try to rephrase my question: Anyone know if the wireshark
pcap-ng code base is going to be released/packaged or organized in
such a way that other projects might take advantage of it seamlessly?

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/