Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Font size change for X11.app on OSX 10.5.7

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 16:08:34 -0700

On May 17, 2009, at 9:56 PM, didier wrote:

Le dimanche 17 mai 2009 à 21:27 -0600, Stephen Fisher a écrit :

I would like to figure out what changed so we can be sure we're fixing the right thing...

Wrong DPI?

	http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/X11-UsersFAQ#DefaultresolutiontoolowFontstoosmall

"Default resolution too low? Fonts too small?

Do your fonts come out too small in programs like Gimp? This and related problems are especially noticeable on the MacBook Pro with high-definition screen. The problem is that older versions of X11 use a resolution setting of 75dpi (dots per inch), and even newer ones use 96dpi by default. Since X11 2.3.2rc4, you can override this default and put in a value that suits your display. For example, for the MacBook Pro, the appropriate value is 133dpi. To do this, enter the following in the Terminal, and restart X11:

	defaults write org.x.X11 dpi -int 133

You should replace 133 by some other number appropriate to your display if it is not 133dpi. How do you tell what the appropriate dpi setting is? One way (there may be simpler ones!) is to fire up Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, and look at Preferences -> Page Display, which will tell you what the System Setting for your resolution is in dpi."