Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Font size change for X11.app on OSX 10.5.7

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 21:27:36 -0600
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 12:53:52AM +0200, Stig Bj?rlykke wrote:

> The font size in X11.app for OSX 10.5.7 has changed, and the font used
> in the theme bundled with Wireshark is a bit big.  The attached patch
> fixes this for 10.5.7, but I think we should fix this so it will work
> on all versions of OSX.

I updated to 10.5.7 recently (and my laptop crashed upon waking up just
now:<).  I'm running Wireshark for X11 w/o the bundle and theme.  The
default font is Monospace Regular 10 and it is larger too.  My native
MacOS X GTK build of Wireshark still looks fine.

A new version of Xquartz was released today (2.3.3.1) and it requires
MacOS 10.5.7, which the latest Apple update seemed to have clobbered
with Apple's official version of X11.  After updating though, I still
have the large font problem.  Changing the font to size 8 makes it look
like it did before.

I would like to figure out what changed so we can be sure we're
fixing the right thing...

Steve