Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Warnings in airpcap_dlg.c

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 18:29:07 +0200
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:37:58PM +0200, Stig Bj?rlykke wrote:
> We have some warnings in airpcap_dlg.c where we check an unsigned
> variable against a define with value zero.
> Any ideas how we should fix this?  Removing the check is not what I wanted.

I'm not sure I understand what that code is intended to do, but it seems
that the whole code was written with the (incorrect) assumption of
SSID == "some sort of string" in mind. I don't think that it is possible
to enter an SSID that contains a Zero-byte in the middle.

The code in question does something even more interesting: It tests
whether the length of the entered SSID is < 0. So removing that test
doesn't introduce any problems.

 Ciao
      Joerg