Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark crashes immediately upon launch.

From: Aaron Outhier <garlicsalt2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 18:26:08 -0700
Ok, an update. I found the problem. It looks like this was an old issue that only happens on Leopard 10.5.4 and below. The trouble is, I have 10.5.6, with all updates applied. I got to thinking. I ultimately realized, that I had initially done a custom install of Leopard, then installed the updates, and then added X11. Although I suspect that simply downloading and reapplying the 10.5.6 combo update would have done the trick, I instead opted to copy my stuff to an external HDD, and just reinstall the OS and copy my applications, documents, etc., back over. I installed everything this time, and then applied updates, and am running Wireshark without problems.

Begin forwarded message: