Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Making wireshark compile with have_airpcap

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 08:05:31 +0200
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 01:30:28PM -0700, Gianluca Varenni wrote:
> I would be careful in replacing all the PULONG as "guint32 *" (and all the
> other P... types).
> PULONG is defined with a typedef as something like
>
> typedef unsigned long *PULONG;
>
> If you have line like this
>
> PULONG a, b;
>
> the sostitution would return
>
> guint32 *a, b;
>
> which is wrong.

Thanks for pointing that out, yes, that is a thinko. In this particular
case it seems that I got lucky and there is no such case in the files
I mentioned - unless I missed a case when looking at the diff.

> Also, HANDLE and HMODULE can be safely defined as void pointers, not
> pointers to pointers.

Changed.

Could someone with access to win32 and/or win64 platforms please test
whether things are still OK with these modifications?

Thanks!
    Joerg