Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] wireshark-win32-libs rev 233: /tags/2009

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 10:19:21 +0100
Kovarththanan Rajaratnam wrote:
Hello,

Gerald Combs wrote:

According to the WinPcap changelog at
http://www.winpcap.org/misc/changelog.htm, a local version of Ntddndis.h
was included in releases up to (but not including) 4.1 beta2. This
version was missing some definitions that are present in the version of
Ntddndis.h that ships with the Microsoft Platform SDK.

The missing definitions are in capture_if_details_dlg_win32.c, but the
trick is to enable them if they're needed. I checked in a change which
should fix compilation for Visual C++ 6 plus its default platform SDK,
but it will fail if you have a newer platform SDK installed.

Thanks. I've verfied that the fix works. So this basically means that
the PSDK is required for now on in order to compile trunk with MSVC 6.0?

We might want to add a newer SDK, e.g. the Windows Server 2003 R2 SDK
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0BAF2B35-C656-4969-ACE8-E4C0C0716ADB&displaylang=en)
as a requirement for building under Visual C++ 6.

The slightly older version, Windows Server 2003 Platform SDK (Feb 2003),
also seems to work.

Doesn't seem to work yet with VS2005 Pro and W2K3 SDK (r28327).  I don't know if I'll get a chance today to fix it.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice