Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Getting wireless GUI to work on Linux

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 23:50:06 +0200
Hello Gerald,

I intend to get the Wireless GUI (Airpcap GUI) in Wireshark to work on Linux.
After the first step (commit 28285) that optionally #defines HAVE_AIRPCAP
I ran into various violations of the Wireshark coding style in airpcap.h.
The most trivial being the use of C++-style comments, then there is the use
of Windows only types (PCHAR, UINT, ...). I haven't yet checked the other
airpcap specific files, but I assume that similar problems will be found
there as well. Is it OK for me to fix them or do you (or someone at Cace)
want to do that in a way that is as compatible to the Cace internal coding
style as possible?
Another question: Is there a documentation of the API of the dynamically
loaded dll? It currently looks to me that it would be easiest to "just"
reimplement that API as it seems that in that case I wouldn't have to
touch any of the GUI stuff (which is something that I'm *really* bad at :-)

 Ciao
         Joerg