Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Include or makefile problems

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:59:01 +0200
Hi,

Add ftype_length to epan/libwireshark.def. It's a Windows thing which it needs to export functions from the DLL to other libraries.

Thanx,
Jaap

Gauthier Brion wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on a project since a month which aims to auto-select a packet in a second Wireshark instance depending on the packet selected in the first instance and on some abbrev given (like tcp.dstport, ip.id <http://ip.id> ...) I added a .h and a .c in /gtk and referenced them in gtk/Makefile.common. Those files contains some functions for the dialog box used and a function which read in a named pipe informations sent from the first instance of Wireshark. (let's call them file1.h and file1.c)

At the moment, when I select a row in the first Wireshark instance, the same row number is automatically selected in the second Wireshark instance. Here is my problem : In the function which read the pipe, I need to get the length of a ftype using 'int ftype_length(ftenum_t ftype)' declared in epan/ftypes/ftypes.h

When I simply include "epan/ftypes/ftypes.h" in file1.h or file.c, it compile everything but fails when linking wireshark.exe. If I add ftypes.h (../epan/ftypes/ftypes.h) and .c in gtk/Makefile.common I get the same error :

Linking wireshark.exe
        link @C:\DOCUME~1\redkite\LOCALS~1\Temp\nm124.tmp
libui.lib(pcapd_dlg.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ftype_leng th referenced in function _read_pipe_cb wireshark.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals I saw that in gtk/io_stat.c, they are using function from ftypes.h too but even with all same include it doesn't work.(stupid reaction,but I was going crazy :-s) It is the first time I work on a so wide project (it's an internship work) and I don't know how I m supposed to make it recognized. I've read most of dev posts since I started this project, I know you could help me :-) Thanks in advance for your replies,
-Gauthier