Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compilation errors while building the Wireshark sources

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:14:29 +0200
Hi,

Well, he's building the 1.1.4 development version, so 2008 should be fine. It seems that you've a botched tarball or working copy, since little has changed in this area for a long time. Try downloading a new tarball or revert changes in the working copy and start from the current head of development.

Thanx,
Jaap

Rohan Solanki wrote:
hi,
I think you should try building wireshark with visual studio 2005. Also Make appropriate changes in the config.nmake file. I also had problems with visual studio 2008. I have successfully build and running wireshark 1.0.5 with visual studio 2005.

Rohan.