Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Should checked api and ran tests be added to the Windows-XP-

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:16:47 -0700
The checked api test would, I think, be useful only if either

	1) it would give a different answer on Win64

or

	2) it takes a large amount of time and would be faster on Win64.

Unless it would give a different answer, it would not be useful to *add* it, as you'd just get the same answer twice.

It appears to take about 1 minute and 10 seconds, if I'm reading

	http://buildbot.wireshark.org/trunk/waterfall

correctly; the entire build takes about an hour and a half, so I don't think the speed of the checked api tests is an issue.

I also don't know of any reason why it'd give a different answer on Win64, as it's just a Perl script scanning source code - it should give the same answer on all platforms, modulo places where it depends (probably unintentionally) on behavior specific to particular versions of the Perl interpreter or Perl packages.