Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Re : Tr : Dissector preferences reuse

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:01:12 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,

thanks for this help, Jeff, sharing variable is a good idea. I tried with a range_t used for user-defined udp ports like that:

in packet-plugin1.h:
    extern range_t *bite_udp_range;

in packet-plugin1.c:
#include "packet-plugin1.h"
    range_t *bite_udp_range;
/*in proto_register_plugin1*/
    range_convert_str(&global_bite_udp_range, BITE_UDP_DEFAULT_RANGE, 65535);
    bite_udp_range = range_empty();
    prefs_register_range_preference(afdx_module, "bite_udp_port",
                "UDP Ports for BITE",
                "Enter ports separated by commas",
                &global_bite_udp_range, 65535);
/*in proto_reg_handoff*/
    bite_udp_range = global_bite_udp_range;

in packet-plugin2.c:
#include "packet-plugin1.h"
range_t *bite_udp_range;
/* in proto_reg_handoff, the dissector_adding() calls dissector_add*/
range_foreach(bite_udp_range, dissector_adding);

The declaration in plugin1 seems good as WS works with this plugin only, but it crashes ("WireShark has encountered a problem and must closed...") with the two together. I copied the header file in the two folders to do that. I was suprised because I needed to declare again bite_udp_range in *.c files to avoid error during linking. Is something wrong? I suppose the range isn't defined when plugin2 is called so it can't add the dissector properly, but I'm not sure...

I also found in proto.h the following statement:
/** The header-field index for the special text pseudo-field. Exported by libwireshark.dll */
WS_VAR_IMPORT int hf_text_only;

I don't know how to use it in plugin1, but could this WS_VAR_IMPORT be a solution to share a variable between 2 dlls?

Thanks for your help

Yvan