Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Re : dissector_add(tcp.proto... / where to find parameter for di

From: Yvan Madec <yvanmadec@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:53:29 +0000 (GMT)
Sorry for my wrong answer.  Considering Guy's answer, this time I hope I'm right:
There is an ip.proto, as you can see in this extract of packet-ip.c

   /* subdissector code */
    ip_dissector_table = register_dissector_table("ip.proto",
        "IP protocol", FT_UINT8, BASE_DEC);

But I don't know how you can use it to determine if it is TCP or UDP in your code, and I'm also interested by this answer. Maybe using pinfo structure and extract the [protocols in frame: eth:ip:udp] to check if there is "udp" or "tcp" inside, but I haven't found yet.

And for your last question, I don't know how to have directly the UDP length without header.

Yvan