Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] text2pcap_ several protocols file

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:53:09 -0400

SOLTANI FATEN wrote:

Hi all, I have a text file which contains a MTP3 frames MTP3. To convert this
file into a pcap file and to decode it thereafter by Wireshark, I used:
"text2pcap -l 141 inputFile.txt outputFile.pcap". But now I wish to decode a file which contains both of IP and MTP3 frames. How can I do that. Thanks for any Idea

You can't do that with PCAP files.

Being able to have multiple protocols in one file is one of the goals of the PCAP-NG file format but that's not fully supported yet.

There may be other file formats that could do it but:
	- I don't know what they are
	- Even if such a format exists, text2pcap only creates PCAP files