Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] dissector_add(tcp.proto... / where to find parameter for dissect

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:41:02 +0200
Hello,

I'm writing a dissector and there is a Problem:

I want to dissect all TCP and UDP-Protocols (actually I only want to dissect Protocols with a special data length, but tvb_length(tvb) doesn't work before initializing.)
So I tryed dissector_add("udp.proto", 0x11, red_handle) to dissect all packages and later I want look for the data-length. But when I start wireshark an error message appears:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\wireshark\wireshark-gtk2\wireshark.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I don't know if "udp.proto" is the right parameter. Is ther a list with parameters for dissector_add()?

Or is there another way to dissect only packages with a special data length?

Thank you for the help

Eddie
--
Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger geh�rt? Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01