Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Troubles With Reassembly

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 22:03:39 +0000
---- Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Is the idea that, if you have a sequence of, for example:

	BNP header+multimessage begin
	BNP header+multimessage middle 1
	BNP header+multimessage middle 2
	BNP header+multimessage end

you would strip off all the BNP headers, concatenate the four BNP data
chunks in order (begin, middle 1, middle 2, and end, in that order),
>and then dissect the concatenated chunk as a single message?

close, take all of the beginning, including bnp as bnp is stripped in
dissector function, and strip the bnp from the middle and end and concatenate
them onto the end of the beginning.