Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Troubles With Reassembly

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:00:58 -0700
(Don't CC me on mail sent to the wireshark-dev list; I'm on that list, so I get all mail sent to that list, and don't need another copy.)

On Apr 22, 2009, at 7:34 AM, gogrady@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

The length of the BNP Header is just the data after it.

| BNP Header | BNP Data | | id | cou | nt | msg id | info el | em id | ie cluster | ie c | ount | more ie... |

| | being a byte (if this comes out fine )

but the bytes of the header are not included in any count.

So if there are 250 bytes of BNP data (including:

	msg id;

	information element;

	em id;

	IE cluster;

	IE count;

	more IEs)

then the count field would have a value of 250 - and the entire message would be 253 bytes long, with a 3-byte BNP header and 250 bytes of BNP data?