Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector preferences reuse

Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:37:26 +0000 (GMT)
Hi all,

I 'm working on 2 plugin dissectors, and I wish to know if it's possible (and if yes, how) to reuse preferences from one plugin to another. I need to reuse only a part of the preferences (which is an UAT table, so pretty long and boring to define) from plugin1 to plugin2, considering that protocol2 is included in plugin1 like this:
plugin1
    IP struct
        UDP struct
            plugin2
Can the copy_prefs() function be useful? How must I define the preferences in plugin1 to divide it in 2 parts? How to integrate a separated part into preferences of plugin2?

Thanks for your help!

Yvan