Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] wireshark-win32-libs rev233: /tags/2009-

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:22:53 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Meier" <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Developer support list for Wireshark" <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] wireshark-win32-libs rev233: /tags/2009-04-16/

gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&root=Wireshark-win32-libs&revision=233

User: gerald
Date: 2009/04/16 11:07 AM

Log:
 Update the WinPcap Developer's Pack.

Compiling capture_if_details_dlg_win32.c with VC6 now errors out with a
"can't find: Ntddndis.h"

Digging into this [just a bit :) ]  I see that the updated Winpcap
Developer's pack no longer has ntddndis.h in its' include directory.

Since this is not an issue when compiling with VC9 I'm guessing that
maybe the VC9 SDK has Ntddndis.h while the VC6 libraries do not.

The reason why I removed ntddndis.h (among other files) from the WinPcap devpack is that it was not legal to distribute that (it's a microsoft include file). ntddndis.h is definitely available in the platform SDK, even the last one that officially supports VC6 (i.e. PSDK Feb2003).

So: Is it the case that the WinPcap Developer's pack no longer
supports VC6 ?

It should still support it.

GV

If so, maybe this means that it's time that Wireshark also no longer
supports VC6.

Or: am I missing about how all this works....

Bill