Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] using simple ASN.1 example with asn2wrs

Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:59:55 +0200
Hi All,
I am interested in building an ASN.1 dissector using the asn2wrs tools.
To start with, I thought I would try building the example ASN.1
dissector which is documented on the wireshark wiki pages. So I am using
this as a tutorial to get a basic understanding.

However, I have run into problems. After copying the generated
packet-foo.c/h files to the epan/dissector directory, the make fails
with syntax errors whilst compiling packet-foo.c.

packet-foo-fn.c:4: error: syntax error before "asn1_ctx_t"

Since packet-foo.c is generated, I did not want to start playig around
with it.
I am using the wireshark 1.1.3 version sources and respective tools
(asn2wrs).
I have a fedora core 6 OS.

Anyone any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I have followed the
instructions on the wiki pages exactly.

Regards,
Chris