Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New dissector: packet-genisys.c

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 07:20:00 +0200
Hi Bruce,

So, please open an enhancement bug at http://bugs.wireshark.org.

Thanx,
Jaap

Bruce Keeler wrote:
Hi,

I've written a dissector (attached) for the Genisys protocol. It's a pretty obscure protocol used in the Railway industry for SCADA control of signaling systems and interlockings. The company I work for (Tri-Met, http://www.trimet.org/) has given the OK to contribute it.

One thing to note: the default TCP port I put in there is 10001 which is what we use in our organization. It's not an IANA assigned one though, so I'm really not sure what should be there.

Bruce