Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] proto_field_is_referenced() not exported on Windows

From: John Tapparo <jttdi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:59:52 -0400
I am writing a plugin dissector. I have called proto_field_is referenced() to see how much work my dissector needs to do. When I built on Windows against WS 1.0.6, that function was not available. I have #ifdef'd the call out on Windows.

Now that 1.0.7 is out, I noted that that function is not in libwireshark.def.

So, am I doing something wrong (should I not be using that function) or can that function be added to the .def file in case there is a 1.0.8 release? (The 1.0.x tree was getting old and I didn't think there would be a 1.0.7, so I did not mention this before; I guess I was wrong.)

Let me know if I should open a bug for this.

-John