Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Scripting / writing a macro for wireshark

From: "Samuel Cheung" <scheung@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:59:54 -0400

Hi,

I currently have a separate logger which logs WLAN packets at the same time as wireshark. I have been able to correlate the two logs so that one packet in the other log will correspond to one packet in the wireshark log. I am currently attempting to script my program so that selecting a packet in the other log will move wireshark to the corresponding packet. My question is this.

Is it possible for wireshark to accept commands from a different program so that it moves and selects a particular packet (say, by packet number)

Thanks.

Samuel Cheung

Samuel Cheung

Adv. Connectivity Developer, Coop