Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to handle duplicate fragments for a plugin written on to

From: siri m <svu004@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 16:20:37 -0700
Hi all,

I have few questions with regards to eliminating the duplicate
fragments for a plugin written on top of UDP.

Q1: I would like to know how we can obtain UDP CRC from within the
custom plugin written on top of UDP? I tried to get the checksum by
providing a negative offset(-2) to tvb_get_ntohs(tvb, offset), but
that doesn't work. Is there any other way to obtain the UDP CRC from
within my plugin?

Q2: Currently, the re-assembly of the fragments is happening using the:
fragment_add_seq_check and then, process_reassembled_data, which
cannot handle duplicate fragments.
For eg: frag 0, frag 0, frag 1, frag 1, frag 2, frag 2. (assuming
there are 3 fragments). Each fragment contains a seq. no. that I can
utilize.
I tried to use the following:
fd_head = fragment_get(pinfo, uniqueid, msg_fragment_table);
and tried to iterate the through the list to find if there is fragment
with the current fragment number in the msg_fragment_table, and only
then, call the fragment_add_seq_check(...).
Is there a better way to do this? Is there a simpler way to make the
re-assembly code aware that it is a duplicate fragment?

Any suggestions would help me a lot,

Regards,