Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wrong FCS in 802.11 capture

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 08:19:15 -0700
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gisle Vanem" <gvanem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "wireshark-dev" <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 10:40 PM
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] Wrong FCS in 802.11 capture

Can anybody verify the attached live capure I did just now?
All the frames in the capture seems to have wrong Frame Check Sequence
numbers. The capture was done with latest AirPcap on a Win-XP SP3 box running
the latest svn version of WireShark. Also verified with tshark.

They definitely look like junk... did the capture contain *only* such errored frames?
Which AirPcap adapter are you using (Classic, Tx, Ex, Nx)?

Have a nice day
GV

--gv